Saturday 12th November 2011
Preview 6pm – 8pm
Lisa O’Brien lives and works in Wester Ross on the west coast of Scotland.
Two years ago Lisa had a residency at Left Bank and we are delighted to welcome her back.
Lisa has been developing her work at the Highland print studio in Inverness and has a particular interest in photogravure technique. This is where a polymer plate is coated with a light-sensitive gelatin tissue and is then exposed to a film positive. This is made into a high quality plate that can reproduce the detail and continuous tones of a photograph.
On show will be a collection of atmospheric photogravure prints on BFK Rives Grey paper
and archival digital inkjet prints on Somerset fine art paper.
Qualifications and training
- 2007 MFA Fine Art with Distinction, Grays School of Art RGU, Aberdeen
- 1989 Ba(hons) Expressive Arts, Brighton Polytechnic, Brighton
- 2006 – 07 Black Cube, JIPB Cube Gallery, An Tuireann, Isle of Skye, Scotland
- 2004 Annat, Annat beach, Torridon, Wester Ross
- 2011 Sublime Film Festival, Rose Street Car Park, Inverness
- 2011 Uproot/Displace/Resettle, Heartwood, Monkquell, Blairgowrie
- 2010 Architectural Disorder (Disturbance), OVADA Gallery, Oxford
- 2008 Single Track Road, New Media Scotland, Toured to Belgrade, Boston, Vancouver, CCA Glasgow
- 2007 Swing, Leeds International Film Festival, Leeds
- 2006 Disturbance Cube, JIPB Cube, Ichinomiya, Japan, also toured to Denmark, France
- 2001 Losing Gravity, Merlin Theatre, Sheffield, St Annes Church, Manchester